Spring Checklist for Homeowners
It’s that time again for some annual Spring Checklist for Homeowners:.
- Clean gutters and downspouts.
- Inspect roof and chimney for cracks and damage.
- Touch up peeling or damaged paint.
- Wash all windows, inside and out.
- Install screens on windows and doors.
- Clean outdoor furniture and air out cushions.
- Service your lawn mower.
- Fertilize your lawn.
- Turn on outside water bibs that were winterized.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors when you set clocks forward.
- If your basement has a sump pump, test it by dumping a large bucket of water into the basin of the sump pump. This should activate the sump pump. If it does not switch on or if it’s not pumping water, it may need to be serviced by a professional. Also, check for and remove any debris and make sure there are no leaks.