The Selling Process
1. Pre-Market Preparations: Cleaning, de-cluttering, painting, repairs, etc. Many people mistake what they should or shouldn’t do before they put a house on the market. See where you’ll get the most bang for your buck. I’ll help you identify what, if anything, needs to be fixed or changed before the house goes on the market.
2. Staging and photography: Some houses need staging, some do not. Sometimes, just a few rooms could use a touch here and there to appeal to the new buyers. Once the house is staged, clean, and ready to go, we’ll bring the professional photographers to do a floorplan and virtual tour photography.
3. Listing Goes Live: Once the house is on the market, it’ll be available for showings via lockbox. Agents will call ahead of time, if necessary, to schedule a showing. It’s best if sellers are gone during these showings as all buyers will be accompanied by a buyers real estate agent. Showings can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 1 hour (or longer if they love it!)
- Contract Negotiations: Once an offer is submitted (or multiple offers), I will sit down with you to go over each detail about the offer(s) before you decide how to proceed. Once an agreement is reached, in writing, you have a ratified contract and your house will be off the market!
- Buyer Due Diligence: As part of the contract, all parties will agree to certain terms, which most likely include home inspection, radon testing, appraisal, HOA/Condo document review period, termite inspection, well/septic (if applicable). There are specific time frames for each one and I’ll help you navigate the timing and negotiations of each one.
- Final Underwriting: Title search, seller loan payoff, buyer loan underwriting and financing approval, helping to arrange your move, removing staging items, transferring utilities, etc. This is when the contingencies have been satisfied and the final details of closing are being arranged. I’ll make sure you get to closing on time.
- Closing: The day you turn over the keys to the new homeowner and you get to move on to the next chapter in your life. Congratulations! In Virginia, you’ll usually get the proceeds from your sale the next business day.
One thought on “Arlington VA Seller Resources”
Love your website I’m going to subscribe.