Under construction for quite some time now is the 800 and 900 block of N. Glebe Rd in Arlington. Expected to be completed in the Fall of 2011, the construction site will be the future home to 2 office buildings, a 90-unit affordable housing development (called The Jordan), and more importantly….28 4-story townhomes along N. Wakefield Street. pictured to the right
Also being built in Ballston is the project named “Founders Square.” Being developed by the same builders that brought Ballston Liberty Center, this project will include 5 buildings located on over 5 acres:
- 675 N. Randolph St.: 13-story secure office building
- 4040 Wilson Blvd.: 15-story office building
- 650 N. Quincy St.: a 12-story, 164 unit residential building*
- 750 N. Quincy St.: a 17-story, 198 unit residential building*
- 550 N. Quincy St.: retail building
*Note: they’re currently working on the office building only. Later in the construction project will determine whether units will be condominiums or apartments (this is determined by market conditions and financing availability).