Originally subdivided in 1938 over 120 acres of land, Bellevue Forest is rich both in history and nature. Built along windy roads among tall, mature trees, there are about 300 homes in Bellevue Forest. Houses are typically on generous portions of land by Arlington standards: generally at least 1/3 of an acre but most range up to a half acre. Most of the homes were built post World War II during the 1950s. Many have since been renovated or rebuilt, as much of Arlington has. Traditional homes were Colonials, Ramblers, Cape Cods, or Contemporary style homes; most 2-3 floors with at least a 1 car-garage. The neighborhood schools are Taylor Elementary, Williamsburg Middle School, and Yorktown high school. Boundaries include Military Road, Donaldson Run, Gulf Branch, and the Potomac River, the neighborhood also includes Beechwood Circle.